What saw to use

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my fist post I hope its in the right section

I decorate wooden square blocks 44mm to 70mm and I now want to cut these myself but am not sure what saw to buy ... we have at a rotating circular saw that you pull down the blade onto the wood to cut but this splinters the wood alot....I would prefer a table top one where you guide it through to cut ...would this be sufficient Is it a Band saw / Fret saw which one there are so many out there.

Thanks for any advice given :)

Sponsored Links
make up a jig from 12mm mdf/ply
double sided tape on the base full length about 3" deep same on the back fence but low enough not to hit the the head[motor blade etc] as you plunge

screw a bit off wood at the point that gives you the correct length you want to cut

do the first plunge carefully without any timber in place ' cut through the ply and to check for problems

before you actually go ahead make sure you have the capacity on your saw for 12+44=56mm on the plunge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back