what shower do I need to install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a ground floor flat. I have a Triton AS2000X power shower which has just gone wrong. I called Triton to arrange an engineer to come out to which they agreed after paying £99. They came back to my saying that the wrong shower had been installed for the setup i have, they took £69, refunded me the rest and told me to call a plumber. Crooks I say!

So, i have a salamander pump which pumps hot and cold water round the flat. The pressure is pretty low as the pump sits below the economy 7 water heater. So in theory its pumping the water twice, well it did until it blew the motor. According to Triton this shouldnt be done.

What do i do? I want to get it replaced, but I want a plumber to install the right shower. It was only installed just over a year ago and now i need to get it replaced again. I dont want to get in a cowboy again.

I look forward to your views.

Sponsored Links
Connect the shower straight to the cws and cylinder without going through the pump.

I take it it's not a combination cylinder ?

Yes i think it is a Combination Cylinder. It has cold water in the top and hot water at the bottom. Can this still be done. Thanks for the reply.

Not advisable to fit pumps to these as the cws is not large enough and can run them dry and starve the pump of water.

Sponsored Links
This does make a lot of sense because the cold water comes out really slow when running a bath. What other options do we have? We have to have the pump there because there's not the pressure without it. Could we get an electric shower installed?

Yes you can have an electric shower, Providing your mains pressure is up to (Get it checked) Also need a cable run from the consumer unit as the cable used on the triton AS2000 shower won't be large enough.

This is starting to make a lot of sense. We had a plumber round before that tried to install an electric shower and he said that he would have to run a wire and said it would be a real pain. He then said to get a power shower as a solution. Thanks for all your help tonight. I really appreciate it.

A new cable can be a pain to run but no excuse to bodge it cause he's lazy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back