What size and type wallplug for shown screw?

Lal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I am planning on mounting my punching bag on a brick wall. I've got everything except for the wall plugs for the bolt screws. I've attached an image of the bolt screw. The following are its dimensions:
Length with head:
5.65 cm

Length without head:
5.15 cm

Diameter:
7.5 mm

Can you please help me find the appropriate wall plug? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20161103_140954.jpg
    IMG_20161103_140954.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 294
Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot man. I'm gonna try these out.
:)

Sponsored Links
Word of warning - the unthreaded part looks like it has a larger diameter then the shank of the threaded section.
If you screw the bolt so that the unthreaded part (the bit just after the head) goes into the plastic plug, you might crack the brick depending on how tight the fit is and what type of brick it is, location, etc. I haven't had a similar accident with mortar, but assuming it would crack the surrounding mortar.
If the hanger part of your punching bag is thinner than this unthreaded shank, you might want to look at using a thick wood screw or using some sort of nut.

EDIT - erm ... just saw the post date; confused similar threads with "recent threads" from another forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back