what skip size to order?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing some renovation work soon, need to order suitable skip. But have no idea what size I should order...going to skip is all this...
2x WC
1x basin + stand
1x large plastic bath, could be chopped up
1x 90x90 shower cubicle
10sqm plasterboard
6sqm carpet
6sqm floorboards
30sqm ceramic tiles
30sqm laminate flooring
12sqm of 4" blockwork/plaster

I guess quite a bit can be reduced with a hammer or saw....

I know the PB cannot be mixed in and will be separate.

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest a 6 cu yd, to allow plenty of room. No skip should ever be filled about the sides anyway, and the driver collecting is well within his rights to refuse to lift an overloaded skip.

Doing some renovation work soon, need to order suitable skip. But have no idea what size I should order...going to skip is all this...
2x WC
1x basin + stand
1x 90x90 shower cubicle
10sqm plasterboard
6sqm carpet
6sqm floorboards
30sqm ceramic tiles
30sqm laminate flooring

Plus 3 cubic metres of packaging from all the new stuff. Get a big skip - you won't regret it.

As above, the amount of other $h1t you will find from the house, garden and garage will soon over load the skip.

Not forgetting your neighbours saying 'is it ok if I dump this in your skip?'

Andy

Sponsored Links
No one ever orders skip big enough, can tell you that from bitter experience, drove a skip lorry once, and I'd never do it again....

2x WC
1x basin + stand
1x 90x90 shower cubicle
10sqm plasterboard
6sqm carpet
6sqm floorboards
30sqm ceramic tiles
30sqm laminate flooring

Just an idea but stick them on faceache or free cycle to get rid of basin/toilet/bath/laminate flooring some people will even come and take it apart/flooring up to get it. Also the floorboards and/or Laminate people will use for firewood? Just an idea.

Good idea cgas, also to the op that reminds me that gum tree is really good. Just don't USe eBay, for stung by people trying to get a bargain with an attitude to match there.

Don't do much with Fleabay, but have made a lifelong vow never to do another car boot sale. Folks were trying to make out they were doing me a favour by taking the stuff off my hands for next to nothing.

One bloke said "Well, you don't want to take it all home again do you?" I replied, "No, but I'd sooner offload it at the tip on the way home than give it away here!"

Don't do much with Fleabay, but have made a lifelong vow never to do another car boot sale. Folks were trying to make out they were doing me a favour by taking the stuff off my hands for next to nothing.

One bloke said "Well, you don't want to take it all home again do you?" I replied, "No, but I'd sooner offload it at the tip on the way home than give it away here!"

I always think that :LOL: however we've renovated a few places and I've ripped numerous floors and bathrooms even a few kitchens that were absolutely hanging which I stuck on faceache and free cycle and they were gone by the end of the day, also had about 10ton of gravel on a driveway which we didn't want and people were turning up with trailers getting a load, was unreal. Saved us the hassle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back