What spares do you carry?

T

tdesnos

Hi all,

I've just started a position with a small local business. I'm taking car of gas and plumbing. With plumbing i'm experienced, but with gas i'm relatively new. I'll be dealing with all manner of domestic gas work. so far, it seems to weigh heavily towards boiler repairs. I find myself constantly runnning too and throw from the merchants wasting valuable time .

What spares do you gas engineers tend to keep in your van? I'm not looking for an entire manifest, just the, wouldn't leave the home without stuff.

Cheers!

Tris

Sponsored Links
make a list of all the spare parts you fit over the course of a month or 2 and then do the maths..
if you find that you are replacing lost of one thing then keep a few of them in th evan, it yu only replace 1 in 3 months then don't bother..

make a list of all the spare parts you fit over the course of a month or 2 and then do the maths..
if you find that you are replacing lost of one thing then keep a few of them in th evan, it yu only replace 1 in 3 months then don't bother..

Cheers, yeah i have been keeping track. I was just wondering if there's a list of parts knocking around somewhere? I'm sure British Gas have it organised

Sponsored Links
Its a hard one you have to have a good idea of what appliances you will be working on, so selection of T/couples individual and universal. Valve motors, couple of pumps and valves , grey button gas valve is most popular.
You could quiet easily head up into the thousands if you start keeping boards and fans.
Its going to be suck it and see for a while till you can make a proper list

Its a hard one you have to have a good idea of what appliances you will be working on, so selection of T/couples individual and universal. Valve motors, couple of pumps and valves , grey button gas valve is most popular.
You could quiet easily head up into the thousands if you start keeping boards and fans.
Its going to be suck it and see for a while till you can make a proper list

Yeah i guess so! Oh well keeps us in business!

Hi all,
I'll be dealing with all manner of domestic gas work.
Cheers! Tris

You are of course Gassafe registered?

what's gassafe registered? forgive my ignorance!

The new "Gas Safe" scheme......? You have heard of it, we take it?

Put simply Gas Safe is the regulatory body for gas installers and took over from Corgi. By law, all gas fitters must be registered with them. You mention that you work for a small business though and I believe that you can work under their registration, though your lack of knowledge of them will worry several on here. I suspect that you are about to get some stick. You might want to duck.

Hi all,
Cheers! Tris

Put simply Gas Safe is the regulatory body for gas installers and took over from Corgi. By law, all gas fitters must be registered with them. You mention that you work for a small business though and I believe that you can work under their registration, though your lack of knowledge of them will worry several on here. I suspect that you are about to get some stick. You might want to duck.

Well, each to their own. I've been doing gas work for years

Hi all,
Cheers! Tris

Well it's about bloody time you did it legally then!

Hi all,
Cheers! Tris

Well it's about bloody time you did it legally then!

pah! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back