What the hell is this!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20160826_151719.jpg

Under a bath. Soft to touch.

Sponsored Links
Looks like some cavity insulation (retrospective injected CWI) has leaked into the void under the bath. No biggie, happens all the time in lofts. I'd get the hole covered up though.

Sponsored Links
(that's not me!) :eek:

I think you'll find the hole has already been filled up for you... with the foam.

Quite likely where the wall was hacked about to poke a pipe through. It can hold damp though, if you get a leak, so cut it away and have a good look at the floorboards/joists.

In case any confusion happens, I speak for myself, any other similar John D's are entirely coincidental, but either way don't believe everything you read online!

In case any confusion happens, I speak for myself, any other similar John D's are entirely coincidental, but either way don't believe everything you read online!

Oh joy.

This is not the sort of double D that we really want to see on the forum. One was bad enough. Deed poll?

Formaldehyde is found in almost anything and often in much higher levels than wall foam.
Sure when it is first mixed it will gas off a bit, but after a few years no more.
What about new carpets, kitchens, curtains, the pillows we all sleep on new kitchens
To name just a few, contain far more Formaldehyde than the wall insulation.

The talk on urea formaldehyde in wall insulation is just BS from the many cowboy firms now cashing in on its removal, which is also a giant con, because what proof do you have that its been removed
The video of a spoof wall the installer shows you, pretending its endoscope footage of your wall
The bags od foam he keeps in his van, to show you he's removed it, when in truth those bags of foam are from somewhere else!

You try to stand and watch to see if anything actually gets removed, but then the installer tells you he isn't allowed to have you watching for health and safety reasons.

Its all a massive con

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back