What to do abt space behind freestanding cooker without lid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've fitted a new kitchen. Have a new oven but it was a cheap model without a lid. Now I've pushed it back as far as it goes but there is a space of about 10cm between the wall the the back of the cooker.

I want to cover this up to prevent rubbish from falling into the gap.

What is the best way to go about doing this? Are there any products out there designed for this type of job or do you need to put something there to fill the gap?

Sponsored Links
Because of the fitting that the bayonet goes onto. It protudes from the wall so it hits the cooker after its pushed back.

Sponsored Links
With the cooker so far away from the wall it may be awkward to clip and unclip the security chain. Just thought I'd mention it because it could be brought up in a gas appliance check.

Because of the fitting that the bayonet goes onto. It protudes from the wall so it hits the cooker after its pushed back.

Have the fitting re-sited behind a cupboard.

then pay me to move it back again, :p as a bayonet needs to be in the same space as the appliance, is the back plate sticking straight out from the wall? if so you would be better getting it changed to a side on one, which allows the bayonet to be screwed in leaving it in effect 90 degrees round from the straight through one and a lot closer to the wall, (check out BES online, page 157, Part No 0985 1/2" BSP female x 15mm end feed)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back