What underlay for a shallow roof pitch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Finally got the roof structure finished and I'm ready to start felting, lathing and tiling.

My pitch is quite shallow at 15 degrees and I did read somewhere that you should use a 1F underlay with shallow pitches, rather than a breathable membrane.

If this is the case, does that affect how I should ventilate the roof? I'm having a vaulted ceiling if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Never herd of using 1f felt on a shallow pitch roof :rolleyes: breathable should be fine.Procter roof shield is what I use all the time,with tiles suitable for the pitch you shouldn't have a problem ;)

Thanks, I thought it was a bit strange.

I'm trying to calculate how much lath to buy too - what's the spacing that I should use, or does that depend on the pitch?

Sponsored Links
The technical blurb for the tiles will tell you the lap, which is determined by the pitch and exposure and then allow for a little wastage, overhangs etc and getting the lap evenly spaced up the slope which might mean an extra course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back