What way to do it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, Carrick 1st time noob user here ;) This could be in the wrong thread apologizes if so.

I've recently moved into my house and it needs the full works basically. How ever after a bit of plundering there has been a pretty long term leak in the bathroom, at the shower. The floor is black damp and you can see obvious water marks on the ceiling below. So I figured I would make the bathroom my 1st room to do up. However after planning it all and actually buying my bathroom suite. I'm now thinking it's perhaps not the best to do it 1st at all, because my heating system is very dated. It's an old baxi back boiler system all pipes in the house are micro-bore. So I will fully redo my heating with a new combi boiler system

So my question is this. Would I be better to persevere with my bathroom and do my heating 1st? As I figure if the whole heating system is being redone this would mean i would end up ripping my bathroom to bit to replace pipes etc causing double work. As I'm intend in doing bathroom in splash back.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You answered your own question with the right answer. Do the heating system 1st.

Have a good lock under floor boards, you might have some wet rot or even dry rot.

Sponsored Links
I would get 3 weeks off if you can, get all the boards up upstairs, and whilst the plumbs are at the central heating (if you aren't doing it yourself) get an electrical check done at the same time.

I lifted a few boards at our place and the electrics nearly were quite literally shocking! ( no connection to earth spike, no rcd and wiring melting on hot central heating pipe work).

Back