What would you do to this for a shed base?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As my garden (and fence) goes down on a slope I'm not sure what to do with this area.

As you can see there's already a flat base made of breezblocks (two layers) but if I keep it like this the shed will poke over the fence (maybe up to 1ft).

Not sure if I should take the top layer of bricks off and just keep the bottom layer of bricks as some form of solid base.

I'm getting a proper joiner (family) to build the shed out of timber and will be having some kind of plywood base.

What would you guys do?

WP_000422_zpse92134f2.jpg

WP_000424_zps48ebdaac.jpg

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd leave that base just as it is, so long as its nicely consolidated. You'll get better drainage, and no standing water around the new shed base.
The roof standing over the fence shouldn't be an issue as far as I can see.
John :)

My other worry is having to make a ramp to get my motorbike in.

Sorry, forgot to mention that!

My other worry is having to make a ramp to get my motorbike in.

Sorry, forgot to mention that!
A ramp should not present much of a problem, shuttering hardcore then some readymixed concrete, do this after the shed has been installed, then you will see the angle of slope needed.

Wotan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back