What would you do?

Would you?

• Go along with the client/customer's version?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defend the previous tradesman?

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Have nothing to do with it?

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello fellow members of the building trade.
Now then I have a question for you.
If you were involved in some work where evidentially the customer/client was trying it on with another tradesman that had previously worked in the property and you were asked by the client/customer to discredit them for no just reason.

Sponsored Links
I was trying to keep it simple.
Say you worked in property and it was found that a previously employed tradesperson and the homeowner were having a dispute.
To justify this dispute the homeowner asked you to quote to correct work by the previous tradesperson that did not need correcting and asked you to issue bogus invoices in.

Sponsored Links
I would witness for the other trade if he had done nothing wrong and it was simply the client/Customer trying it on to get a reduction on the bill.

And if that then meant losing the work to somebody else I wouldn't care less

If there is nothing wrong with the work then the customer needs to pay.
Simple really.

How would you feel if the customer tries to get another trade to pick fault and falsify quotes for remedial work against you. For any works that you may carry out.

Would you really work for a customer like that.

If the other trade has really not done anything wrong why shouldn't you give him a heads up about it.

Like I said I personally would stand next to him in court as a witness against the customer

Sponsored Links
Back