Country
United Kingdom
For

Labour only.

1. Relocation of shed(and slabs).
2. Build a 54 ft fence x 4ft high.
3. Build a 25ft fence x 6ft high.
4. Build a 8x10 ft Decking
5. Laying of 35 450 by 450m slabs on slight slope.
6. Removal of grass and levelling (approx 54ft x 25ft)
7. Laying of 3 tons of decorative aggregate.

What would your estimate roughly be for this work.

Sponsored Links
For

Labour only.

1. Relocation of shed(and slabs). what size shed, timber or metal, what condition, how is it fixed together, where is it being reloacted to, up any steps, can is be moved whole or will it have to be taken down and reassembled. WHat type of slabs are they, 38 x 450 x 450 or 50 x 600 x 600, how are they fixed down, where are they going, does it need any preperation, how wwill they be fixed down?

2. Build a 54 ft fence x 4ft high. closeboard, panels, closeboard panels, chainlink, decorative panels, security, concrete posts, timber posts, existing fence to be removed, any obstructions in the ground, gravel boards, on a slope or level, any obstructions above ground, wind loading in area, what type of soil is it into, what access for deliveries, what is parking considerations, how far to water and electric, is there any,any issues with neighbour, any issues with planning?

3. Build a 25ft fence x 6ft high. as above?

4. Build a 8x10 ft Decking hardwood, softwood, nailed, screwed, ground level, at height, balustrade, steps, which type of balustrade, any finish to the deck, any issues with existing door cill levels, any manholes, any gulleys, any levelling work to done, what type of ground for the posts, any restrictions on the longest boards i can get in, any pattern for the deck to be laid in, what type of weed suppresion do you want?

5. Laying of 35 450 by 450m slabs on slight slope. what type of slabs, am i supplying, what type of bed do manufacturers recomend, what type of pointing, any gulleys, any manholes to be altered, inlayed, what is there already, how much sub-base will be needed for the type of soil, where can a skip go, will it need a permit, where can cutting be done, where can knocking up of mortar be safely, cleanly and conveniently carried out. can i get a wheelbarrow to it, whats the weight of the slabs, how are they delivered, what pattern will the slabs be laid, is there much cutting to do, is there much setting out to do, any problems with drainage and falls?

6. Removal of grass and levelling (approx 54ft x 25ft) As above

7. Laying of 3 tons of decorative aggregate. As above, but which type of aggregate

Let me know the answers and ill give you a reply

Sponsored Links
For

Labour only.

1. Relocation of shed(and slabs). what size shed, timber or metal, what condition, how is it fixed together, where is it being reloacted to, up any steps, can is be moved whole or will it have to be taken down and reassembled. WHat type of slabs are they, 38 x 450 x 450 or 50 x 600 x 600, how are they fixed down, where are they going, does it need any preperation, how wwill they be fixed down?

2. Build a 54 ft fence x 4ft high. closeboard, panels, closeboard panels, chainlink, decorative panels, security, concrete posts, timber posts, existing fence to be removed, any obstructions in the ground, gravel boards, on a slope or level, any obstructions above ground, wind loading in area, what type of soil is it into, what access for deliveries, what is parking considerations, how far to water and electric, is there any,any issues with neighbour, any issues with planning?

3. Build a 25ft fence x 6ft high. as above?

4. Build a 8x10 ft Decking hardwood, softwood, nailed, screwed, ground level, at height, balustrade, steps, which type of balustrade, any finish to the deck, any issues with existing door cill levels, any manholes, any gulleys, any levelling work to done, what type of ground for the posts, any restrictions on the longest boards i can get in, any pattern for the deck to be laid in, what type of weed suppresion do you want?

5. Laying of 35 450 by 450m slabs on slight slope. what type of slabs, am i supplying, what type of bed do manufacturers recomend, what type of pointing, any gulleys, any manholes to be altered, inlayed, what is there already, how much sub-base will be needed for the type of soil, where can a skip go, will it need a permit, where can cutting be done, where can knocking up of mortar be safely, cleanly and conveniently carried out. can i get a wheelbarrow to it, whats the weight of the slabs, how are they delivered, what pattern will the slabs be laid, is there much cutting to do, is there much setting out to do, any problems with drainage and falls?

6. Removal of grass and levelling (approx 54ft x 25ft) As above

7. Laying of 3 tons of decorative aggregate. As above, but which type of aggregate

Let me know the answers and ill give you a reply

1. 6x4 shed shiplap, pent fixed together with nails. Shed is one year old. Is being moved from front to back and put on 600 x 600 slabs.
shed can be moved in whole.

2. No Obstructions in the ground. 6ft by 5 inch slats put on 2 inch by 2 inch posts. Fence will be ranch Style. Soil is Clay after 4 inchs of top soil.
No issues with neighbours. Water and electricity available from outside on wall.

3. Same as 2.

4. Softwood decking to be screwed on level ground. Approx 4 inches of ground. No manholes or guleys. Weed fabric control with gravel on top. Decking to be laid in straight lines.

5. 450 by 450 by 35 mm Bradstone Old riven pavin. Layed on concrete sand. Slab will be laid in a straight line.

6. No manholes or gullys.

7. 3 bulk bags of Cotswold Buff decorative aggregate to be put around slabs and decking area.

As mentioned before due to the house being a mid terrace access can only be gained through a close. The close is approximately 4 feet wide by 15 feet long. All materials will be dumped at front of property. there are 3 steps leading down to the back garden from the close.

Hopefully I have given enough information.

weegie, i was trying to point out, perhaps in a sarcastic way, that there are a lot of questions that will go through a decent landscapers mind when he quotes on a job. Some he will ask you and some he will answer himself when he sees the site. It is virtually impossible to give a valid pice without seeing the work. Get 3 quotes from 3 decent landscapers. Dont always go for the cheapest either ;)

and no youve still not given enough info!

weegie, i was trying to point out, perhaps in a sarcastic way, that there are a lot of questions that will go through a decent landscapers mind when he quotes on a job. Some he will ask you and some he will answer himself when he sees the site. It is virtually impossible to give a valid pice without seeing the work. Get 3 quotes from 3 decent landscapers. Dont always go for the cheapest either ;)

and no youve still not given enough info!

I didn't think it was an unreasonable question. I also didn't think that the sarcasim was justified.

Thanks.

[breezer thinks] hmmmm.................

didnt i say can't see it cant quote it?

yes, yes i did.

The Weegie, slightly forgive the sarcasm, there is a lot of it here, although you are looking for a "ball park price" you still are not going to get one that is any where near acurate, you never will or never can with a forum unless its for an item like a tin of beans on sale at Tesco.

you cant give a quiote /estimate unless you have all the information, hence cant see it cant quote it

I appreciate and agree with what your saying Breezer.

The reason I was asking is that I have just finished doing my brothers garden with what was mentioned above. So I was being curious as to what it roughly would of cost him to to get a company to do it.

To be honest. I can't believe that thermo would type all that just to be sarcastic. :rolleyes: :D

oh well if its for your brother why didnt you say so?

think of a number and add 3 zeros and tell him that figure + breezers consultaion fee of £576.29.

it doesnt matter now does it, the job is done, and as said cant see it cant quote it.

or put it this way.

what do you do for a day job?

I would need to employ your services doing what ever you do, but i want a quote for it now?

For

A lot.

See forum rules. This is a DIY advice forum, not an online quoting system. It really is impossible to say. If you mean, what do people charge a day, then ask that.

Have a good one, and pleased u got it all done. any pics?

oh well if its for your brother why didnt you say so?

think of a number and add 3 zeros and tell him that figure + breezers consultaion fee of £576.29.

it doesnt matter now does it, the job is done, and as said cant see it cant quote it.

or put it this way.

what do you do for a day job?

I would need to employ your services doing what ever you do, but i want a quote for it now?

You wouldn't be able to afford my services. :D

For

A lot.

See forum rules. This is a DIY advice forum, not an online quoting system. It really is impossible to say. If you mean, what do people charge a day, then ask that.

Have a good one, and pleased u got it all done. any pics?

I have read the forum rules, and I dont see anywhere where it clearly states that it is not an online quoting system?

If you are referring to
Information / etiquette Number 6. This states that. I quote (you should not rely on prices given).

I'm sorry, but this clearly does not state that no quotes will be given.

:rolleyes:

do you seriously think you will get a better answer on here than you will by phoning around and getting some decent local tradesmen to come and quote on the work?

Why would someone quote on work that has already been done.

Sorry I asked the question in the first place.
I was just asking for some general advice that is all.

Thats all folks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back