What's a reasonable time to discharge 8 cube of concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering, for a barrow delivery, what sort of time a concrete co will expect 8 cube to be discharged from the lorry and the lorry gone off site before waiting charges are incurred? I realise this may vary from concrete co to concrete co but what's the general experience from those who have encountered waiting charges - is an hour reasonable to pour 8 cube?

Sponsored Links
Might be a good idea to get the concrete retarded.

I suspect anything more than half an hour will incur waiting time charges. Bear in mind whilst that lorry is tied up with your load, it's not earning any money. A lot of firms have pumping or conveyor systems available if the pour isn't local to the vehicle.

If you need to barrow it, then many hands make light work, it's not the concrete company's fault if you're struggling to move 8 cube with 2 barrows!

Concrete pumping is a terrific solution to the problem.

Sponsored Links
seriously? 8 cube is a lot of concrete
your really goin to struggle with barrows unless you've got a lot of em and its not going very far

your really goin to struggle with barrows unless you've got a lot of em and its not going very far

It was actually 24 cube (3 lorry loads)..
..you should see the size of my testicles now! :eek:

3 hours overall with 2 barrows and a 1 ton dumper... Founds were between 10m and 30m away from the truck; next time i'll hire another dumper

Two barrows along side a 1 ton dumper don't seem quite right. :LOL:

It was actually 24 cube (3 lorry loads)..
..you should see the size of my testicles now! :eek:

3 hours overall with 2 barrows and a 1 ton dumper... Founds were between 10m and 30m away from the truck; next time i'll hire another dumper
Unbelievable waste of labour and machinery.

A small inline pump would have done it easy with one bloke giving the top a light tamp.

Pumping is always the last option when dumpers, diggers, cranes, tractors, telehandlers, pipe shutes, gravity, foreigners, barrows, buckets and navie shovels are available.
Have poured about 2000/cube in the last 4 weeks using most of those methods.

Pumping is always the last option when dumpers, diggers, cranes, tractors, telehandlers, pipe shutes, gravity, foreigners, barrows, buckets and navie shovels are available.
Have poured about 2000/cube in the last 4 weeks using most of those methods.
You are completely clueless about domestic building and the above paragraph confirms it.

You stick to striking shuttering on the canals boyo.

Where would one get a pump to do the job?

I'm looking to concrete a basement floor; the steps and distance from the road will make if difficult.

Where would one get a pump to do the job?

I'm looking to concrete a basement floor; the steps and distance from the road will make if difficult.
Google it.

Or better still, ask your concrete supplier if they have their own pump guys.

We are doing a pour today. If I ca be bothered I'll take some pics and post them. I will also post a copy of the invoice and how much the pump hire costs for the benefit of the Irish shutter monkey.

Having a pump is so easy it's laughable. Cranes, tractors, telehandlers and dumpers! Honestly Norcs you are soooo out of touch with domestic building it's painful to read your posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back