What's alternative to home cinema box for audio?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
I want to do away with my big, bulky home cinema player. I don't need to play dvd's anymore.
The new unit I have has the red/white audio leads coming out, and plays video with a usb stick input.
I have 5 speakers, plus the bass.
I'm not a purist with regards to sound quality, so I'm looking for something small and basic that will attach my new unit to the speakers.
I have no idea if this is possible?
Thanks.
John.

Sponsored Links
If it has to be small what about a bare bones PC with 6.1 on-board

Not understanding the kit you say you have can you clarify

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like its only got STEREO output which can be connected into the back of your TV if it has them or into AUX on an amplifier then plug speakers into the amplifier

Hope that helps

Thanks.
But, the amplifier is the bit I don't know anything about.
Where do I start looking, and what am I looking for?
I know it's an amplifier, but if I put that in my search engine it comes up with millions of hits.
Most meaning nothing to me.
Is it just called an amplifier?
I honestly have no idea, cos it's all in the dvd player/home cinema combo that I want to do away with, because of its size, and just use the amplifier with the avi player in the previous link.
Can't plug speakers into anything other than the home cinema just now, cos it goes to my projector, which only has a yellow video lead.
John

If you had a home cinema kit with built-in DVD or Blu-ray drive then that box will have been on the smaller side of things. It's hard to get something much smaller TBH.

Thanks for your replies.
In light of the last comment, I've decided to keep the home cinema combo purely for the amplifier part.
Here's my brainwave -
I don't need to play dvd's, so no bits moving about inside, so I can stand it upright flat against the wall!
Making sure the vents are clear, of course.
That way, it only sticks out a couple of inches as opposed to the full width of the player.
Space problem solved!
Thanks again.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back