What's happening to my Tyre???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:eek: Was about to go for a drive this morning when I noticed this about my front passenger side tyre. The thing is only on about 2 months!!

fnqlp5.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Or even VERY dangerous.

If mine and I needed to drive anywhere to get it fixed ( rather than put on a spare ) then I would be putting it on the back.

I do have to say that I buy a lot of part worns.

Some are nearly new and do represent good value for me.

Others are somewhat worn but also are good value because they can be so cheap.

But I do look at them first and so does the tyre fitter who puts them on for me.

The way I look at it when I buy a new tyre after 10,000 miles it has had all the nasty things that can happen to tyres, hitting pot holes, being under inflated ( not very often with me as I am careful about that ) and hitting kerbs.

So even when I buy new my tyres are in that dodgy condition when half worn.

Tony

Or even VERY dangerous.

If mine and I needed to drive anywhere to get it fixed ( rather than put on a spare ) then I would be putting it on the back.
So rather than use the spare you would be happy to risk prosecution, and points on your licence, plus risk invaliding your insurance; that apart from risking other road users lives?

Strange!!

I do have to say that I buy a lot of part worns.

Some are nearly new and do represent good value for me.

Others are somewhat worn but also are good value because they can be so cheap.

But I do look at them first and so does the tyre fitter who puts them on for me.

Tony
Plus you check the date on them?

Tyre rubber deteriorates as well as the tread. The tread might look good but what about the rest of it?
So even when I buy new my tyres are in that dodgy condition when half worn.
But you know how you have treated the tyre.

False economy. And as said you don't know how the tyres have been treated.
Why risk your life, and the lives of other road users to save a few quid?

Sponsored Links
Back