What's Happening

S

Shutpa

Have a cistern with a double flush button. Tonight after flushing the toilet, nothing happened ie there was no 'filling up'. Thinking that there may have been a stoppage on the cold water supply, I turned on the tap at the nearby sink. Immediately, the cistern began to fill up. Later my wife called me to say that the cistern wasn't filling up, so I turned on the tap again and once more the cistern began to fill up. I imagine that it may be an airlock of some kind but that's only a guess. What do the experts think :?:

Sponsored Links
Bump. This is an on-going problem. Is there anyone out there who can help solve it? :(

It seems that the filling balve is somehow jamming and requiring a pressure reduction before it will open.

These problems are difficult to explain but usually replacing the valve or just its seals will cure the problem.

However, as you presumably flush the toilet and then wash your hands under the tap then it should never be any problem anyway.

Tony

These problems are difficult to explain but usually replacing the valve or just its seals will cure the problem.
However, as you presumably flush the toilet and then wash your hands under the tap then it should never be any problem anyway.
Tony
Cheers Tony, will have a look at the valve and seals just as soon as I work out how to get the lid of the cystern. ;)

Sponsored Links
It seems that the filling balve is somehow jamming and requiring a pressure reduction before it will open.

Tony
Tony is correct. What you have is a equilibrium ball valve fitted to your cistern. Renewing the rubber diaphram will cure your problem.

cheers

spraggo

To get the lid off, do you unscrew the ring around the buttons. If so, it seems very tight.

Sometimes the ring screws off, but on others you need to pull the cover off the larger of the buttons (push the other one down first to make it easier) to reveal a screw.

Sometimes the ring screws off, but on others you need to pull the cover off the larger of the buttons (push the other one down first to make it easier) to reveal a screw.
Cheers Mike, got it at last.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back