What's in the sky tonight?

I

imamartian

Looking south from the northern hemisphere, i can see a brilliant almost full, moon... and another very prominent object, which tracks along with the moon... is that Jupiter..

Sponsored Links
No its ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Uranus :mrgreen:

I have also spotted this, allthough it does not accurately track the moon. Over the past week it has tracked from South East at about 15degree elevation to due South at about 40degree elevation. I would also like an identification.

If it appears to be moving on a path through the constellation of Scorpio in the south east then it will be.........................Weeeeeeeeeeee!....................................................................Weee!.....................................................Weeeee!..................................................................................................................................................................Jupiter!!!!!

Sponsored Links
not sure but the brightest star is generally venus due to its white ice crust.

not sure but the brightest star is generally venus due to its white ice crust.

Something wrong with this statement... ;)

But yes, Venus is usually very very bright, but you only see it within the hour before sunrise and the hour after sunset. The reason being, it's always roughly in the direction of the Sun (what with the orbit being inside ours).

..ive seen Venus a lot since moving so close to the Irish Sea (beautiful sunsets!)..................but ive never seen Uranus!................................................. :p ;)

Looking south from the northern hemisphere, i can see a brilliant almost full, moon... and another very prominent object, which tracks along with the moon... is that Jupiter..

Yes, it is Jupiter.

Good web site here LINK for working out
where the planets are. Remember to set your Lat Long co-ordinates in, if you do not know what they are try 55°North and 2°West

Sponsored Links
Back