What's the best Plumbers' tool bag?

Sponsored Links
Just about enough to fill that yellow bucket. After I've fed the slops to the pigs. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bump this thread if it offends you but...

Did any of you update your toolbag(s) based on the above comments? Or have you found newer released alternatives?

My 'wide mouth' Stanley fat max bag has been great but it gets bloody heavy and can't be doing my spine much good! It's also now got 'oles in the bottom of the side pockets (wish they'd put plastic bases on them) and I'm starting to lose things out of them :cautious:

A lot of ppl have suggested the VetoPro on here and other plumb forums but, by 'eck they're pricey! Are they really worth that outlay?

I've also thought about the backpack route, so keen to hear any experiences, pros and cons about getting one of these.

It's great to have a 'tote' style bag for when you want to chuck everything in and head for the hills, but I'm always then having to empty everything out to hunt for something I hope is in there - somewhere :cry:.

Best of both worlds... plenty of tough pockets for 'one glance' location of the more delicate/precision tools and toughened storage for the 'give it some' tools :cool:

Maybe Santa is listening :whistle:

One thing to add...

After several busy days, I seem to end up with my tools in various builders buckets! This does have some advantage when I cut through a pipe I was sure was dead! :eek::D

Sorry to bump this thread if it offends you but...

Did any of you update your toolbag(s) based on the above comments? Or have you found newer released alternatives?

My 'wide mouth' Stanley fat max bag has been great but it gets bloody heavy and can't be doing my spine much good! It's also now got 'oles in the bottom of the side pockets (wish they'd put plastic bases on them) and I'm starting to lose things out of them :cautious:

A lot of ppl have suggested the VetoPro on here and other plumb forums but, by 'eck they're pricey! Are they really worth that outlay?

I've also thought about the backpack route, so keen to hear any experiences, pros and cons about getting one of these.

It's great to have a 'tote' style bag for when you want to chuck everything in and head for the hills, but I'm always then having to empty everything out to hunt for something I hope is in there - somewhere :cry:.

Best of both worlds... plenty of tough pockets for 'one glance' location of the more delicate/precision tools and toughened storage for the 'give it some' tools :cool:
CLC 1132 75 POCKET TOOL BACKPACK I've had it a couple of years now and no problems .

The best one is one that is not big enough to take the too many useful tools that accumulate when you use them once in a blue moon. They then become a backbreaker.

The best one is one that is not big enough to take the too many useful tools that accumulate when you use them once in a blue moon. They then become a backbreaker.

Never a truer word said :D
I spent 3 hours today sorting out my old van (I have a new van which I still haven't had the time to properly move into) and every time I found something that I haven't used for an age, and wonder why I carry it... I then worry that Sod's law says "I'll need that tomorrow" :cautious:

It all depends on what your work day includes, I personally carry out mostly breakdowns and Landlords inspections so only really need a few common tools for each job , yes like most of the young lads I used to love turning up at a job with a massive impressive array of tools but in reality get a tool bag or case to hold what you use on every job the rest is only a walk to the van unless you go to work on the bus or tube like one of the top 100 engineers

Hi sir dick I can remember the old trades bike with the basket on the front and mine(I've still got it) has got the two legs which drop down each side it weighs a ton,but I use it for little jobs within
2miles.It has the panel on the cross bar where the name used to be.The good old days eh? Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back