Whats the best screen material for home cinema ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of setting up a home cinema.
What is the best screen material to get?
It needs to be about 10ft by 6ft in size and will be a permanant installation.

Sponsored Links
Stewart StudioTek 130.... but be prepared to sell your soul and mortgage the kids too.

Without you specifying a budget your question really can't be answered in a meaningful way. Also, if you plan on doing a fixed frame screen then you also need to think about how the screen will be tensioned or it'll look like Nora Batty's stockings before too long :LOL:

If its for front projection and you'r on a budget a board painted matt white works well. Otherwise do a search for "The screen company". They do a good range at a reasonable price and will eyelet or velcro it for you.

Sponsored Links
Don't just paint your wall, ok it will work... But not as well as a custom screen.

Their is some technology behind the screens in terms of gain, reflection ect.

I've got a pull-down screen that was about £130 (7foot wide).

I've never had the luxury to have a permanent installation - without loosing various limbs when the better half discovers the lounge windows boarded over and painted black !!

There would appear to be some quite high tech solutions available and they all perport to be the bees knees. A pull down may be the answer, I will look into it. thank you all for the advice..

On reflection (excuse pun) I think eggshell white paint might be better. (Is it possible to buy white paint with aluminium powder mixed in?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back