i have had a dodgy rad for about 3 years,
it never heats up,
i have bleed it, cleaned it just about anything
but i have finaly figured out that one of the pipes leading into the rad
is blocked,
i would like to know what is the easiest way to unblock this pipe
so i can get the water flowing

Sponsored Links
You will have to cut it. to poke something up the pipe to clear the blocksge, or to replace the blocked section. (Assuming it's not an air lock).

You could remove the radiator and then run some water off from each valve, this will tell you which side is faulty and it might even remove the blockage. And you never know you may find the problem is with one of the valves or are you sure they are both open.
I'm assuming the other rads are ok so water must be flowing around the flow and return pipes, which means any blockage must be in short pipes coming off these. Now you can't poke a wire down due to the valve but if you drained (or partly drained if upstairs rad ) the system and removed the valves you could use curtain wire.
If you do manage to disturb the sludge, then think! where does it go? You need to flush it out through a drain point.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back