What's the furthest you've travelled to a job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Eastern European thread on GD got me thinking...

I think the furthest is Birmingham to Slough, about 3 hours drive I think and we did it in 5 days, stayed at the whatever it's called that features Lenny Henry on the adverts.

Sponsored Links
South Coast, Darlington, every week, three months.

Sponsored Links
Not quite a tradesman as such, but ive been to India for three days doing design work.

From a midlands base i've been nationwide, anywhere they choose to send me, if its a multiple days job then its a premier inn....YAY!!! :LOL:

What would of been a better question MW is what is the furthest you've been away, done a days work and back home in one day

Again from a one time east midlands base, in one day i've been to norfolk and back, brighton and back, southampton and back, reading and back, south wales and back, carlisle and back, anywhere along the east coast south of scarborough, grimsby,skeggy, mablethorpe, kings lynn etc etc

I was once asked to go to scarborough, do a days work then come back to notts then over to telford to do a survey then back to notts, all in a day :eek: , i mentioned that particular day in GD a while back

Last place I worked for, I'd leave work at 5:00am on a Monday morning, travelling all over the place (installing displays in Debenhams) and get back around 9 - 10 pm Friday evening. Drop the 7.5 tonner off , then drive home from Oldham to Derby. Latest I got back was half ten at Oldham,,,, and still managed to get back for last orders at the local. ;) ;)

i think for this thread the definition should be driving a vehicle full off tools relating to your trade :D :D

Leighton Buzzard to Brea, CA to 1st fix a load of properties. Also worked in Las Vegas and Los Angeles whilst over there. Drove to the East coast as was promised work - took 5 days. America is a big place.

In this country, been up to Renfrew to fit a cooker (but that was with the family on a visit to relatives). Hardly counts I guess.

i think for this thread the definition should be driving a vehicle full off tools relating to your trade :D :D

with the motor full of tools derbyshire to eastbourne marina laying teak deck leave silly time monday back friday late
without the motor full of tools Lancashire to bondi shopfitting

Sponsored Links
Back