What's the furthest you've travelled to a job

London to Marseille. Transit full of materials and tools! Client couldnt get a reliable tradesmen, apparently the french are lazy cowboys! Who'd of guessed eh!! I think it was 800 miles each way! Bucket broke and had to go to the french equivalent of B&Q bloody nightmare, no one spoke a word of english all i could say was la bucket! Didnt get me far! Had to get a mop bucket! Came out of the store and the dozy frogs had parked there forklift with the prongs under the van, then trying to explain to them inside was fun!! :rolleyes:

Brico Depot seems to be OWNED by B&Q.

If you go to Angoleme there is an English fellow who works there called Andy!

Sponsored Links
I've driven to Cardiff, done a days work and then driven home again.

I have spent a month commuting Leeds to Southport so far this year and heading back there for a few more weeks again on Monday.

I've also commuted to Liverpool, hull, newcastle, wrexham, sheffield, wigan and plenty of others I forget for contract work.

I've worked away in most major cities in the UK. Furthest away work was shopfitting for homebase. I ended up in the south west of Ireland.

Working for a high end Kitchen company we were asked to go to Greece for 2 weeks to fit a kitchen. All expenses paid, Travel time was even paid at £30ph.
Mad! as the trades out there were very good and could have done the job themselves.

Brittony, and several on the costa dell sol (Fuengirola)

Sponsored Links
Probably because it's an offensive word?

Were you the giver or receiver?

Ollie's Thai girlfriend is always telling him that a small peni5 is not a problem

But Ollie still wishes she didn't have one.

Birmingham to Riverside, in California, for two years. Coming back to Heathrow and the $hity weather and even $hitier attitude made me want to get the next flight back.

Thankfully, the offer is still there when someone finally flushes this country down the pan where it belongs. Shame America can't make it the 51st state, although I wouldn't want America infected that way.

BTW, they also love the English over there. Getting a B.J is like their way of saying hello; and that's just the men :D

Ollie's Thai girlfriend is always telling him that a small peni5 is not a problem

But Ollie still wishes she didn't have one.
Mine's only three inches. In width... :D

I went to the doctor the other day and flopped it on the desk. The doctor said "what's wrong with it?" I said "nothing, but it's a good un ain't it?" :D

Got a builder doing some work for me now and when he's finished he's off to South Africa for a month to do a job. He's not one who thinks the world owes him a living, deserves the work, just not much around so he "get's on his bike" so to speak.

Sponsored Links
Back