Whats the WORST customer you've ever had?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently working for the worst customer in the universe. I'll know tomorrow wether he wants me to remove the three aluminium bi fold doors he's had fitted (twice).
I'll let you know what's happened after tomorrow...

In the meantime feel free to add your worst.. :)

Sponsored Links
One of my worst customers ever had me put a mirror up in a bedroom. She swore it wasn't level. I showed her 4 times with my trusty spirit level that the mirror was indeed level. Half an hour later, she returns with her sister and a tape measure. She measured from ceiling down to both sides of the mirror then told me it was 6mm out of level. I asked her to measure from floor to both sides of the mirror. (This proved to be spot on) Ceiling was a mile out of level and her sister agreed the mirror wasn't level. I then removed the mirror and marked the wall down from the ceiling and fixed it so it was the same distance from the ceiling to either side (mirror now looked as if it was sloping one way. She still complained about this mirror, so much so, I packed my tools away and left the job.
Next day, she phoned me up apologising about the mirror and could I write her a letter stating that in my professional opinion, the house hadn't been built properly (house was at least 25yrs old) Yeah right. ;) ;)

My wife..... :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Reminds me of the time I had to take er indoors to hospital. The nurse asked what had happened, so I told her, "Well I fitted a 6ft by 6ft mirror on the bedroom ceiling, and whilst we were making love, it fell down." :eek: :eek: The nurse thought for a bit, then said, "That would explain the lacerations on your wife's back, but I can't understand how she broke her jaw."

I just smiled politely and said "No one,,,,, but no one disses my DIY." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A woman who "told" me to put some plastic overshoes on because she had just had a new carpet put down.

She forewarned me that if my job wasn't up to standards her solicitor would be in touch and she would be able to get her own tradesman in to do the job and we would have to pay (I work for a company that maintains coucil houses).

I could feel her eyes burning through me all through the job, and when I went out to the van I left my overshoes on and she called me "stupid" because now I have to replace them instead of taking them off on the way out!

I was only fitting a set of kitchen taps :s!

a guy i do some work for is like that - he reckons every trade is out to cheat him and he micro manages to the n th degree - trouble is he's often right.

my worst customer would be the one who kept telling me what a good job i was doing and what a cracking good deal he'd got out of me (what i priced as a 2 day job turned out to be more like 4 days to my intense irritation).
to his credit he did stick a nice bonus on top.

he was a bit of a fruit loop. he spoke his thoughts out loud i think.

while chatting, he said:
'i don't like kids. i was going out to the shops and i saw some kids by my front fence and they looked suspicious to me' he then goes on to say 'so i went and told them 'i don't like the look of you kids, you look suspicious to me. go on, move on' and when i got back from the shops my wishing well was on fire'

i had noticed the charred remains of a wooden wishing well on his front lawn...... he could have done stand up, he had me in stitches.

Some of the worst customers I've worked for are the ones with frankly more money than sense and a complete inability to visualise what something will look like when it's finished. It's a bit disheartening to be told to take something down straight after you've finished it because "the client doesn't like it now". Funnily enough the National Trust and EH seem to employ architects with this same trait :rolleyes:

My wife..... :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Reminds me of the time I had to take er indoors to hospital. The nurse asked what had happened, so I told her, "Well I fitted a 6ft by 6ft mirror on the bedroom ceiling, and whilst we were making love, it fell down." :eek: :eek: The nurse thought for a bit, then said, "That would explain the lacerations on your wife's back, but I can't understand how she broke her jaw
She never heard of soixante neuf?

Sponsored Links
Back