Whats this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - Went to view a house today and where the telephone cable arrives at the house there is some sort of what looks like a connector or filter maybe?

Can someone tell me what it is please?

View media item 68402

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not a fan of them from an aesthetics point of view. They almost look "temporary".

They are a lot better than the old box terminal it replaced as they are water tight,that one has been used as a repair and is not really in the correct postion,it should be cable tied up out of the way on the dropwire clamp.

They're meant to be pinned to the wall as that one probably was before being removed to paint the wall, and they're only water tight if you cable tie them shut at each end.

I see them a lot here on terraces of houses and flats. It looks like Openreach come out to do a new line provide in one of the flats or houses, and just splices into the drop wire at the building end, rather than flying a new cable. I have never seen them fixed to a wall, nor tied to the pigtail!

I see them a lot here on terraces of houses and flats. It looks like Openreach come out to do a new line provide in one of the flats or houses, and just splices into the drop wire at the building end, rather than flying a new cable. I have never seen them fixed to a wall, nor tied to the pigtail!
You see them a lot because when contractors change out the old poles they use them instead of replacing the drop wire all the way to the nte like they are supposed to if the end user is in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back