What's up with my grill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Another daft question from a newbie.

I have recently moved into a new house and the grill part of the cooker does not get hot enought to actually grill anything. The element gets far too hot to touch but doesn't glow red as I have been used to when using other grills in the past.

The oven is a Tecnik TKC8525/2 (aka Ovens 720EFa - 058587098), and is a twin oven/grill. The lower section is an oven only, but the upper section is both an oven and grill. Both ovens work fine.

The grill element appears to be in 2 parts; an outer section which is a single loop and an inner part which has 3 loops. The outer part gets much hotter than the inner part (it scorched a strip of paper whereas the inner part doesn't).

I would be garteful for any advice on what may be wrong with it so I can have some decent cheese on toast :D . Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if I have used the right forum to ask this question. Does anyone know somewhere online that might be able to answer this?

Cheers.

Possible that one of the elements has failed on the grill (it is a twin element from your description)

Best way to check is when it is cold run your hand around the element and see if you can feel any odd parts as they quite often blow holes when they fail. If that seems ok then remove the element and test for continuity (usually around the 25 ohm mark but depends on the actual power rating of the element)

Last the selector may have failed or just not switching on right, some have cut outs to stop the grill operating when the door is shut.

Sponsored Links
Conny, what a remarkable question - and, unfortunately, spot on ;) I've been in this house for nearly a year and the grill has 'never worked' - mainly because I have misunderstood the markings on the 2 control knobs. In my defence, I don't have the manual for the oven - the previous owners were kind enough to take it with them!! Thanks for the hint, it jogged my brain and everything is know sorted.

Leccy758, thanks for the reply - sorry to waste your time.

Cheers.

Conny, what a remarkable question - and, unfortunately, spot on ;) I've been in this house for nearly a year and the grill has 'never worked' - mainly because I have misunderstood the markings on the 2 control knobs. In my defence, I don't have the manual for the oven - the previous owners were kind enough to take it with them!! Thanks for the hint, it jogged my brain and everything is know sorted.

Leccy758, thanks for the reply - sorry to waste your time.

Cheers.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Glad its sorted. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back