Whats your test kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just getting my megger 1502 ready for inspection in fortnights time...
Had this for 10 years now, still going strong, although i need to glue side bit on..
Any old sparks on here got anything proper retro?

Sponsored Links
I'm not old (although do feel it!) but I've got a set of robin separates that need to go in for calibration as I want to start using them!

I use a Kewtech KT63 for most domestic work and for industrial installation work I use a Kewtech KT65DL. I still have my first test kit from 10 years ago, all Robin. I still use the Robin analogue insulation tester for fault finding and when installing Pyro as it gives a reading instantly. I loved the PFC loop tester as it was super fast but it is too aggressive for modern RCDs and RCBOs and even some B6 MCBs! I keep the Robin RCD tester as it has a 10mA test range.

I never got on with any of the Megger multifuntion testers, we have 2 at work one is just over a year old and the other around 3. I find them a pain to use and they take ages to decide on a reading. The newer one has been sent back for repair twice already.

I have a hand crank Megger insulation tester somewhere at home but it only gets use as a novelty now and again.

Sponsored Links
At the moment my son has the lot, with the exception of a very old insulation tester. A megger BM101 I think made in 1984 or around that time. Plus of course standard clamp on meter for volts, ohms, frequency, and AC current. And a very old AVO Mk8.

But should I need meters they are just a phone call away.

Oh I forgot about the AVO 8s! I have 3 of those, IIRC all 3 are MKIIIs. Mostly used for vintage radio repair work rather than electrical work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back