When considering in or out:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said:
That's a Remainer's tactic -to point to someone else's deal as if we would have to adopt it word for word, then say "but unlike the UK the Swiss don't even have fisheries so that model would never work! Haha I win!"

I suggested Guernsey as a model. Himaggin's reaction:
Guernsey acceded to EU as a Crown dependency, as did Gibraltar, etc. The situation is not yet clear how Crown dependencies will be affected.
http://www.lowtax.net/blogs/a-Brexi...-impact-on-the-Crown-Dependencies-573458.html
I don't normally resort to this kind of behaviour but:

Pratt! This was the response to your comment as indicated:
upload_2016-5-25_9-40-3.png

You're a numbskull! Resorting to lies, untrue accusations and downright misquoting.
No wonder you want Brexit. Typical behaviour from a Brexiter!

Sponsored Links
You're a numbskull! Resorting to lies, untrue accusations and downright misquoting.
What lies? Your screen grab shows you dismissing the Guernsey model in exactly the manner I predicted you would! "That would never work because it's not identical to the UK in every way because it's a crown dependency haha I win!".

You think countries are charities? Business behave exactly the same. Individuals behave exactly the same.
Wrong. Businesses are governed by the almighty dollar.
And you think that they're not protectionist??:rolleyes:

The free market works so well because it forces businesses to cooperate.
which might be illegal!

To paraphrase, capitalism would never permit the EU to give us a poor Brexit deal.
You hope!

The, non-EU countries that are in EFTA have to accept Schengen! They have to pay, they have to accept all regulation, they have no say in that regulation. Do you understand?
As I've said before, they do have a say in those regulations: at the proposal stage (capitalism at work), they just don't vote on them.
They don't have a vote, they're not represented in the parliament, the commission, or the council! you numbskull!

Exaggeration works for you, does it?
As well is it does for Project Fear.
Lies, untruths and misrepresentations works for you as well, I see.

Sponsored Links
What lies? Your screen grab shows you dismissing the Guernsey model in exactly the manner I predicted you would! "That would never work because it's not identical to the UK in every way because it's a crown dependency haha I win!".
You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. Typical Brexiter!

Yes big one's are, which is why the EU works so well for them -they have the power to lobby their own interests at the expense of SMEs. All the more reason to leave. At least then they have to lobby our ministers on our soil.
(All the bigwig business moguls telling us to remain make huge profit off EU grants, but I'm guessing you consider them unbiased experts?)

To paraphrase, capitalism would never permit the EU to give us a poor Brexit deal.
You hope!
In what cuckoo land would market forces vanish into the ether?

They don't have a vote, they're not represented in the parliament, the commission, or the council! you numbskull!
They have independent representation at the WTO, the ILO and UNECE. Many of the EU regulations are simply passed along to the EU from the global regulations set by these organisations anyway. At the EU, “we are not there when they vote, but we do get to influence the position. Most of the politics is done long before it gets to the voting stage”. Anne Tvinnereim (Norway Centre Party). Also, they only adopt a handfull of the regulations whereas we have to choke them all down. Basically we have sacrificed our votes at the WTO, the ILO and UNECE in exchange for a vote in the EU. Six of one...

Last edited:
Yes big one's are, which is why the EU works so well for them -they have the power to lobby their own interests at the expense of SMEs. All the more reason to leave. At least then they have to lobby our ministers on our soil.

You hope!
In what cuckoo land would market forces vanish into the ether?

They have independent representation at the WTO, the ILO and UNECE. Many of the EU regulations are simply passed along to the EU from the global regulations set by these organisations anyway. At the EU, “we are not there when they vote, but we do get to influence the position. Most of the politics is done long before it gets to the voting stage”. Anne Tvinnereim (Norway Centre Party). Also, they only adopt a handfull of the regulations whereas we have to choke them all down. Basically we have sacrificed our votes at the WTO, the ILO and UNECE in exchange for a vote in the EU. Six of one...
You've proven, beyond all doubt, that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.
Use your vote, you haven't got the intelligence to hold a discussion, using lies, untruths, misquotes and make-believe ideas!

You've proven, beyond all doubt, that you haven't a clue what you're talking about.
Use your vote, you haven't got the intelligence to hold a discussion, using lies, untruths, misquotes and make-believe ideas!
Thanks, I heard you the first two times, but I was too busy trying to work out what you actually think is a lie or misquote.

Last edited:
Thanks, I heard you the first two times, but I was too busy trying to work out what you actually think is a lie or misquote.
What lies, misquotes, untruths, daft ideas?
I could just quote all your recent comments, but I don't suppose that would go down too well with admin.

Guernsey model, now why didn't the experts think of that one?
Less and less trade, so you represent the lower growth of EU exports compared to non-EU exports. What about imports?
Misquoting me on my response about the Guernsey model!
Article 50 doesn't apply!
EU regulation is governed by the dollar. Have you forgoten the Euro?
Global standards are the same as EU standards. :rolleyes:
Norway has a vote in EU parliament. :rolleyes:
You don't know why the Swiss-EU model is broken.
We can adopt the Norway model but without Schengen. :rolleyes:
Predictions as to what I'm gonna do next. :rolleyes:

You're off your trolley!
Typical Brexiters nonsense!

Guernsey model, now why didn't the experts think of that one?
They did.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Project-Fear-real-risk-lies-staying-in.html

Less and less trade, so you represent the lower growth of EU exports compared to non-EU exports. What about imports?
What about imports? Can you refute my claim of less and less trade?

Misquoting me on the my response about the Guernsey model!
Baffled by this one. Your own screengrab shows I quoted you word for word :confused:. (I added "haha I win" for rhetorical effect, obviously :D)

Article 50 doesn't apply!
I said it doesn't have to apply. Not my words, I quoted the official vote leave page.

EU regulation is governed by the dollar. Have you forgoten the Euro?
"The almighty dollar" is a well known phrase; it's a synonym for money. Rhetoric again. And I didn't say EU regulations, I said a Brexit (i.e. trade) deal.

Global standards are the same as EU standards. :rolleyes:
Yes, many of them are adopted or derived from global standards. Not all of them.

Norway has a vote in EU parliament. :rolleyes:
Nope, I never said they had to vote. I said they have influence at the proposal stage.

You don't know why the Swiss-EU model is broken.
I looked it up later.

You need to get your head round the idea that a model is an approximation to reality. Yes we could have a Norway-like deal without Schengen. An identical Norway deal would make no sense since we're not Norway. There is also talk of suspending Schengen..

Last edited:
You need to get your head round the idea that a model is an approximation to reality. Yes we could have a Norway-like deal without Schengen. An identical Norweay deal would make no sense since we're not Norway.
We've got all we're gonna get out of EU, as far as concessions go:
  1. The room for further opt-outs and other special deals for the UK was very limited because of the extent of special deals it already has (euro, Schengen, budget rebate, etc). At the strategic level the UK is in what it likes (the single market, foreign policy and deliberations over main political orientations), and out of what it does not like (‘best of both worlds’).
  1. http://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/opinion/brexit-a-last-testament/

Now we know where you're getting your daft ideas from. From your link:
We will keep our trade links and, like every other independent state, we will negotiate our own deal on departure, tailored to suit our own conditions and needs.
Guernsey is part of a free-movement area with the UK and Ireland, but controls immigration from the rest of the EU. Indeed, startlingly to British eyes, it really does have an immigration policy: its legislators vote on whom to admit, on what terms and in what numbers.

But wikipedia disagrees:
Border control
The whole jurisdiction of Guernsey is part of the Common Travel Area.

For immigration and nationality purposes it is UK law, and not Guernsey law, which applies (technically the Immigration Act 1971, extended to Guernsey by Order-in-Council). Guernsey may not apply different immigration controls to the UK. EEA nationals have free movement rights to enter, and remain in, the territory of the whole of the British Islands (which includes the jurisdiction of Guernsey), although there are de facto restrictions on occupation of housing by those who do not 'belong' to Guernsey (and that restriction includes people from Sark, until they have lived there for a number of years).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guernsey

I should carry on reading the silly comic, if I were you!

No wonder you want Brexit. Typical behaviour from a Brexiter!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
What about imports? Can you refute my claim of less and less trade?
I asked you because you said, "less and less trade". That infers less exports AND less imports.Then you only presented a graph showing a lower growth in exports to EU compared to non-EU exports. That's not less exports, it's more and more, but at a slower growth rate than something else!
And it's only half the story. What about imports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back