When to use X300 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm changing out a towel rail tomorrow and plan to use X300 to clean out the central heating system. Does anyone have any advice on when to do it and how please ?

Thanks

tDub

Sponsored Links
X300 is for new systems you would be better with X400 for existing systems, does Tony know you plan on using his X300 ?

Thanks Ian

Who's Tony ?

The recommendation for X300 came from the heating engineer who serviced our boiler this week. He also recommended fitting a magnaclean which I might do later.

Sponsored Links
Who's Tony ?
Tony (alias Agile on here) is a rather eccentric and possibly slightly senile boiler engineer on here who charges £84 for pretty much everything, only works near bus and train stations as he doesn't appear to have his own transport, and thinks he's the only person in the world to use X300, as if Sentinel make it specially for him. He'll be along in a minute to tell you that all the X300 is his, and you need to buy an £84 license to be allowed to use it ;)

Unless of course you can get your wife to wear a sari then you might get a discount

No further comment is needed on X300, as said its only for new systems.

But X400 which is the sludge remover should be left in the system for at least four weeks.

If you had to do it quickly then you could use X800 but that must be removed within a day.

I do have a few vehicles, the less counted the better!

Tony

Do not use X800 and Tony is wrong X400 does not need to stay in your system for 4 weeks, only if your system is heavily sludged does the manufacturer recommend four weeks but you have never given any indication that your system is heavily sludged but the longer you leave it the better really but do not use X800

Thank you for all your posts which I'm only just catching up on. So, towel rail went in fine and looks great. I'm pleased to have been able to do this myself and save £84. As for the X300, that got replaced with X400 on your advice thanks :)

I also decided to take up the boiler service engineer's advice to get a Magnaclean fitted. He fitted that for £40 and put the X400 in our system for a week when it'll be flushed out. I don't think I've got a massively sludgy system as the water drained out nice and clean. The old towel rail was a different story, lots of sludge trapped in the cross rails spilled out onto the floor :(

Project this weekend... roofing tiles repair...

If you had to do it quickly then you could use X800 but that must be removed within a day.

No Tony, not true. X800 can and does need to be in the system longer if there is a need for cleansing to be effective!!

Hi Dan I have personally stopped using X800 unless its with the machine as have had 3 pumps now where it has managed to get into the bearings and they have collapsed within about a month or so of using the X800, not sure if they have changed the formula as I used to use it all the time , have heard others saying they have had the same problem.

Ian, have used X800 many times. Each time have drained and filled the system several times until water drained is clear

Have been to two systems recently where X800 was used but system not flushed to remove the broth, killing the pump. Followed above procedure, fitted new pump, now system has been running without killing the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back