Where can I buy this siphon online?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Further to my sealant removing antics in the following thread...

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30791

...I've managed to take out the broken part that's causing it to constantly overflow back into the bowl. In the image below, it's the white part. In the bottom right hand image you can see what's causing the problem.

siphon5mz.jpg

The main body of the siphon** now can not latch onto this white part properly and so a leak occurs. The tank empties slightly and keeps refilling because the float drops to the point where it has to let water in from the inlet pipe... and this obviously keeps repeating.

Anyway, I've scouted around a number of plumbing supply stores in my local area and nobody seems to have this siphon available or if they can get hold of it then there's about a 2 week wait :(

Does anyone know of where I can buy one of these online?

(** I'm not plumbing expert by any stretch of the imagination and so if the thing I have pictured is not called the siphon then please feel free to correct me :) )

Sponsored Links
It`s a flush valve..we finally concurred with the rest of Europe and did away with syphons...can you ascertain the make of the sanitaryware, then maybe their website could help...tho` there are universal retro fit valves available@ plumbers merchants.

Yes you can now buy generic ones for about 12 plus vat at merchants, and what a load of sh1t they are? Actually buy two while your there for next time.

hey this forums clever it even knows s h 1 t is a swear word.

HA! Got that one throug the filter!

Your neighbourhood loo boutique should have a Geberit one - they're fine.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just file a new slot, and make the unbroken slot deeper to match. Much less trouble and should be just as good as new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back