where do I put the oil?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I've got a Briggs and Stratton-motored petrol rotary lawn mower, which I've never put any oil in.

It's a Sprint II 3.75 hp one, and says "unleaded only" on the filler cap.

I like to oil mechanical things, in the hope that they'll last longer - is there anywhere I ought to be looking at on the above mower?

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
Hello All,

I've got a Briggs and Stratton-motored petrol rotary lawn mower, which I've never put any oil in.

It's a Sprint II 3.75 hp one, and says "unleaded only" on the filler cap.

I like to oil mechanical things, in the hope that they'll last longer - is there anywhere I ought to be looking at on the above mower?

Thanks in advance :D

Are there any white caps on the mower? There's sometimes two (one on either side) and they're sometimes yellow instead.

Sponsored Links
it should be quite obvious on a Briggs engine, especially a mower, theres normally a filler cap, marked for it.

Set myself up for that one a bit :D

I suppose I should have actually looked at the thing first, but you know what it's like, couple of beers, let's have a doodle on the web.....

The website seemed to be far too up to date for my mower (given to me a few years ago, so possibly ten or more years old).

Low and behold, an nut with two metal pegs on it, which when upscrewed revealed....a dipstick!

And the buggering thing doesn't need any oil!

Apart from the engine, is there anywhere else I ought to consider drizzling a bit of oil (rotary blade is pretty stiff to turn by hand, but is that the way it's meant to be?)

Like the old "710" one as well, oldies are always goodies! :LOL:

You could always email the support dept on the site, ask them if they can pass any info on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back