Where has he gone?

Sponsored Links
The Management wanted to impose restrictions following a row with another poster.

Not banned - but could not agree to having posts vetted while other poster faced no sanctions and did not and was not required to apologise.

The Management wanted to impose restrictions following a row with another poster.
The "other poster" seems to continue, although I did spot a recent thread being locked by the mods due to the "other poster's" contribution :LOL:. So maybe the management is keeping an eye on him.

But, its certainly quieter without BAS..

Sponsored Links
Little too aggressive in his reply but fed people the right info...

:LOL: Suddenly all becomes clear… I missed all of that:( what a shower:p

DS

I'll accept he had some good input but didn't know how to put it across. Have a look in the GD forum and there are RGI's and plumbers who are heading the same way.

It's a nicer place without him. Wonder if he'll come back under an alias , eg ****?
I doubt it. He was, after all, not forced to go - it was his choice on the basis of his principles, because he could not accept a situation in which he was being denied the ability to keep on demanding an apology for what he believed (I think probably rightly) was a wrong against him.

Much as I am, in many ways, sad that he's gone, I have to agree that it is "a nicer place" without him. Speaking purely personally, I find it a much less 'stressful' place as well. It was only after he went that I realised the extent to which I had been constantly thinking of him 'looking over my shoulder' when writing posts, and how frustrated I often got by his responses.

Kind Regards, John

I wonder how many lives have been saved since people were able to ask questions and get the answers they needed instead of directed at books or told they were an idiot by our good friend? Now there is a much better balance between people being advised they should employ a pro, but still given some constructive advice as they will go and do it anyway....

At first I found him quite amusing and even sided with him in GD when he used to post there, but as time went on he became more obnoxious and we had a couple of run ins.

He used to post on the IET forum but left under a cloud, I think he posted another members address details in a fit of pique

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back