Where is it saved to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When using any paint package to work with Microscope images going to import and selecting microscope opens the following screen.
All well and good until I realised I can click on an image I have captured and deleted a week ago and it's still there.

Tried a search for resent pictures but failed to find them.

I have a partitioned drive and there is limited room in E drive used for Windows XP and I don't want to fill it full of pictures.

Looked in temp draws still no sign.

Any idea where it may be storing these files and how do I empty them once the microscope use is complete.

Using a Video player like Media Player Classic I can assess Microscope real time but not with paint packages.

Sponsored Links
Check your microscope software options/preferences tab, and look for the deault save path.

They may be being saved in your TMP or Temp folder which is a System Folder.

If you HAVE truly deleted them, have you emptied your Trash lately? Sometimes, they still show up until this is done.

I have emptied the trash. I have run disk clean-up. I have used control alt delete to check what is running so I can find folder only shows paint program as running and all the pictures are available to both Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Paint shop.

The window has Move, Size and Close plus Capture, Select All, Get Pictures, Cancel. Once I click Capture it puts live picture into right hand window and once done nothing seems to remove it.

The driver comes under USB Video Device in System Properties but it also will run through video programs so not the driver as such which is storing information.

It came with Photomizer SE from Engelmann Media takes up 1.44M so photos can’t be in that.

Each time I start the transfer program it takes longer to start where it seems it is reading the images already captured so unless I find out how to delete it is going to get worse and worse.

Just found
E:\Documents and Settings\Eric.ERIC-DESKTOP\Local Settings\Temp
One file imageio2376532303596836949 is 3,516 KB I wonder if this is it?
Also loads called
IUJ1550904348399739382Swap
Or similar tried temp moving to see if I lose pictures. I didn't so still not found.
But it did generate 4 files.
TWAIN
Twain001.Mtx
Twunk001.MTX
Twunk002.MTX
The first file says:-
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk ::AppInitialize - Reset Log
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk ::OpenServer - Starting Thunker
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk ::CloseServer - Why Can't We Find The Thunker Window?
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - DSM --DsmEntryDiagExit (RC = 0, CC = 0)
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTWTRACE--Paint Shop Pro(6) to NULL:
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTWTRACE--CONTROL, IDENTITY, GETDEFAULT
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - DSM --DsmEntryDiagExit (RC = 0, CC = 0)
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTWTRACE--Paint Shop Pro(6) to NULL:
TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTWTRACE--CONTROL, IDENTITY, USERSELECT

Any ideas Please?

Sponsored Links
RegShot is a small registry compare utility that allows you to quickly take a snapshot of your registry and then compare it with a second one - done after doing system changes or installing a new software product. The changes report can be produced in text or HTML format and contains a list of all modifications that have taken place between snapshot1 and snapshot2. In addition, you can also specify folders (with sub filders) to be scanned for changes as well.

eg. C: relates file changes additions to the whole of 'C' partition

Prog' works quite well...

http://majorgeeks.com/RegShot_d965.html

-0-

You could try right mouse button clicking on the picture and selecting either properties, or if this shows a link to go to file directly, use that.

This should take you to where the files are stored on your PC, which they obviously are, and also because you say the program is loading them into memory, which also tells you they are being saved somewhere.

Best of luck finding them.

Still not found them but other things have come up so maybe try again later.

I now think the images are stored in the microscope adaptor not on my computer. I will try loading on another PC and see if same photos are there!

No wrong but using the Scanner and Camera Wizard I have been able to find Name: Picture 231 etc and they are JPG Images so trying again.

Well still not sure where stored but the draw was labelled "USB Video Device" and is accessed from "My Computer" and is displayed together with scanner and webcam.

So job done all unwanted pictures deleted. I hope this helps someone else!

Back