Where to buy blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1960's flat with parquet flooring. I want to remove a stone fireplace and replace the floor with new blocks. The blocks are 140 x (140/3)mm.
Thank you,
A.

Sponsored Links
I have only looked at 'high street' DIY shops. They all appear to have 5 blocks and not 3 blocks per square.

I will try a few companies on the web and also look at reclamation yards- thanks,

Alan.

A good old-fashioned carpenter/joiner could knock you some blocks up in any timber you could name. Take one of the originals with you though so he can measure it and examine it for patina (which he may be able to match with dye and wax).

Sponsored Links
I have just, after 12 months, laid my hands on some old Imperial sized parquet finger blocks. The only way to source these (unless you get a chippy to knock some up for you) is to regularly contact all architectural salvage suppliers and hope they will come up trumps.
The major problem nowadays seems to be that old floors are not removed, merely gobbled up by a floor cruncher and disposed of. Time = money = profit rules all.

Thanks for the replies,
After 6 months I have made little progress on my flat (due to a lack of time). However I am hoping that a chippy will be able to match the floor.
Cheers,

Alan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back