Where to find a smaller radiator bleed key

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an oldish radiator with two panels, each of which has a bleed valve.

The valve is slightly smaller than my bleed keys. I actually ended up buying 3 different makes of key, as I know they can vary a little, but all of them are too big.

Where can I get a smaller key?

The valve pictured I was able to get off with pliers, but the other one is facing backwards towards the wall so the only way to get to it with pliers would be to lift the radiator. And with cream carpets I don't want to do that...

Sponsored Links
It sounds as though the bleed screw has been abused in the past and may have been partially rounded off.

One thing you can try is to buy a decent brass key and file/ grind a couple of mm off the end of the key in the hope it will bite on the screw.

Having got the screw out, replace with a good one.

Failing that, rad off wall.

your photo is not very clear

is the bleed screw recessed into a square or hexagonal hole, or is there a hexagon (like a nut) round it?

your photo is not very clear

is the bleed screw recessed into a square or hexagonal hole, or is there a hexagon (like a nut) round it?

john, it will be a round hole its in 😆

Sponsored Links
I once had this problem and tried several new keys before realising that my original key which I had been using for some time was actually worn inside. Just a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back