Where to get a batch of skirting primed/painted?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, im about to start making my own skirting and architrave (18mm moisture resistant MDF) to re do the whole house, there will be around 100-150 metres in total (mix of 200mm skirting and 70mm architrave).

I have equipment to spray myself although id rather not do all of that if i can find someone local who is set up to spray this sort of thing, i was wondering if anyone knows of a company local to me who might be able to help me out? im in Newcastle upon Tyne and would require it to be primed 2 coats of water based primer (sanded in between to de-nib).

I would consider getting the satinwood topcoat sprayed too but i feel that if i need to touch in any bits by hand after that it will stand out like a sore thumb seeing brush marks against a flat sprayed finish? so im planning on doing all topcoat by hand?

Any help would be great, thanks, Brad

Sponsored Links
you could always try your local car repair sprayer to see if they would take the work on?

If you have the room to table router 150m of midfield then you should have the room to make up a tarp spray booth and await a dry wind free day.

If you use QD paints it won't take any time at all. The bit that will take longer is the sanding between coats.

There no point in applying finish. Post fit there's always a dint, a seam, a corner or set piece that will need infill.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies!

Yeah I suppose i could ask around the local garages with spray boothes. I have the space to do it it's just more the inconvenience and cost to spray it all, I imagened someone who is set up to do it locally would probably work out cheaper than me buying primer and spraying it myself.

I figured there would almost certainly be touch ups required so maybe il give it all 2 primers and 1 top coat before fitting then another topcoat once fitted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back