Where to position shower mixer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Im in the process of fitting a 900mm x 900mm quadrant shower enclosure. I unsure where to fit the mixer. The height is obviously dependent on whose going to use it but terms of the width would it normally be centred on one of the walls?

I'm running the pipes without the tray in place so I've got no visual reference points.

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Personally I like to fit the shower head/riser central to a wall and the mixer to one side - but no reason why it can't go centred as you say . What I would recommend is Classi Seal used on the tray and under the wall tiles - prevents leaks better than bead of silicone.

Shower dependent I guess. I like the mixer in the centre below the riser but some like it offset so you can turn on the shower without getting yourself wet. I leave that decision to the customer. Usual height of the mixer is 1000>1200mm above the finished tray level.

Sealux aquastrap for me - then a sealux wall tile seal .... can you guess I kinda like Sealux :sneaky:

I go 1200mm off the floor and centre the mixer valve and riser rail, thats new build where there's no customer to ask. If its retro i always ask the customer.

Sponsored Links
I ask customer too but they usually ask me what I would suggest and, especially on a quadrant, I recommend that the riser goes in the back corner, where the walls meet. This means you stand under it at 45 degrees to the corner and won't bang one of your elbows on the screen when washing your hair :)
I put the mixer at 1200mm up from the tray in the centre of whichever wall looks best/ is easier to get to from outside to turn the shower on.
I also put the hose outlet high up as it hangs better and prevents the shower head from reaching the tray which is good for regs/if not required by regs (can't remember now).
Here's a photo of how it looks...
IMG_2082.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back