which 8.5 kw electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I need to replace my 8.5kw electric shower. I want to buy one and have it installed but am looking for advice on which one to go for. I have read some tradesmen here say that ' what can you exepct' when people report their argos triton or creda unit fails. SO are these brands crap? which aren't?
Would really appreciate a professionals advice.
Thanks
FP

Sponsored Links
the ones you see in argos, tesco etc are just renamed tritons etc.

avoid Gainsborough, creda.
you say you are replacing a electric shower ?
what one is their now ?

some are a direct change some need the pipework altered depending what your changing from and to what.

The shower there at the moment is redring, although thismay be defunct. I am sure this is side entry but will check on that.

Any showers you would reccomend? I looked in plumb centre the other day but don't expect thechap at the counter to push anything other than the ones he sells,mira i think he said.
I reckon £120 should be a fair budget for the unit?
Thanks
FP

forget plumbcentre prices.
mira sport one of the best but won't get that for £120.

tritons T80Z is a good one at £100.
and it's designed as a replacement shower ie the water connection, wiring.
has many choices to retrofit older showers.

Sponsored Links
B&Q were doing great prices on Triton showers last week, £62 Cara, £79 T80si & £129 Trance2 9.5KW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back