Which Adhesive to Stick Plastic to MDF ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope this is the right section ?

So I have a bathroom vanity unit with a discoloured side panel not large at 80 x 31 cm. Not in full view but needs re-covering to smarten it up. I have looked at Formica...very expensive but then found an excellent website selling and cutting all types of white plastic sheet to size

They do a coloured acrylic sheet, rigid uPVC and Polypropylene sheets around 1.5 - 3mm thick and all in gloss white. Looks OK and I have ordered some samples to be sure. I've also asked them what adhesive would they recommend to stick the sheet to the MDF as being plastic there are of course limits.

But I thought I would ask the many good folk here if they have any suggestions please ?

Sponsored Links
your best bet would be contact adhesive applied to both surfaces but you will only get one shot
or you could just try thin layer of silicone and tape in place

I thought about contact adhesive... and like putting a screen protector on a phone... as you say, just the one go to get it right. Just concerned about anything that would "eat" into the plastic. But 3M do a couple of spray ones they say are OK.

Sponsored Links
I used to use Farnell all the time as well as RS Components. Good spot and very interesting datasheet. Thanks for that I'll do that (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back