which boiler and cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a glow worm economy 50 plus which doesnt seem to be coping very well with my eleven radiators. 9 out of these radiators are double and medium size. i usually get one or two rads not heating up ie just worm. i had the enginner in last month and the pump was turned to maximun ie 3. all radiators heated up fine but now the problem is back again ie two rads just worm.
is because the boiler is not powerful enough for all those radiators? if so which make will you expects out there recommend? i would prefare a vaillant condensing boiler. also can anyone tell me roughtly how much this will cost me.
my current boiler was installed in 2000. it was fine untill two more radiators were added to the system.
any advice welcome. thanks

Sponsored Links
The boiler is not the cause of the problem.

Its the system flow is poor caused by dirt blocking the pipes and radiators and I expect a lack of proper balancing.

The normal solution would be to power flush the system.

Tony

thanks Tony,
this has been done not long ago.infact when the system was drained two month ago(to add a new radiator) the engineer was quite surprised at how clean the water was. so if power flush is out of question, what else could it be.

Sponsored Links
Could be nothing to do with the boiler, but the fact that the pipe work for the new radiators was taken from the nearest point rather than the correct size of existing pipe work to enable them to get an adequate fast flow to them.

Are these radiators upstairs?

Could also be pump not circulating properly. They can appear to seem/feel to work when in fact they are not.

If you still want to change your boiler I would go for the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 418 if you want your system to remain open vented, or preferably the 618 system boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back