which boiler to choose from

Ferroli DomiCondense!!

Really :eek:
Does that sound like a spanner in the works to you?? :D

TBH I fitted one a few weeks ago and the customer bought it for about £450 or less inc. timer and loop i think, but it looked OK and even ran OK considering some tried to run the heating with F n R valves closed, :oops: The remarkeable thing was it did'nt have the Ferroli cheap look to it.
PS.--Only the cold supply pipe got v.hot :oops: :p

Sponsored Links
how about Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24?
I went to one other day that had a pipe burst inside the boiler, apparently a common problem, I have a old turbomax pro in and it is superb.
The newer stuff can have trial faults IMO.

As someone suggested if your system is cleaned then any of the above boilers will last you but if dirty then........your call.

Sponsored Links
That is so true - cleanliness before boiler installation is essential.

There are an awful lot of cynics out there.

Take a look at Viessmann - excellent boilers with excellent weather compensation for the thinking man. 5 year warranty if fitted by a Viessmann trained installer.

ON THE MONEY!!!

The Viessman Vitodens 30kw boiler most of the components look the same as a vaillant boiler...

Alpha CD24C caught my eye also

Way I see it it would be more use ?? if awards were given to manu for the most c**p boiler . A sort of Turkey of the year award !

Manus would be compelled to state how many boilers of a particular mode were sold , & than how many spare parts relevant to that model they have sold or fitted ect over a given period they would than recieve a turkey award! obviously they would not want the award so u would need an incentive

Like prizes , a week in Helmond for the MD or a new Moskavitch car from russia !! ect

any opinions on the Alpha cd24c

Think Alpha are owned by Imergas , who previously never imported into the UK , they bought Alpha , used to be Ocean Alpha ?? think Ocean went else where , does'nt help but there u go !

Is a fella in the CC who is or was a service agent for Alpha , from what he says they do not seem a bad company ?? never hear much bad about them /company any way !!??

Think they started a 10 year warranty ?? probably does not amount to a bag of beans , but I am a cynic !

should i go for the...

baxi main 24 "B" rated

baxi main 25 eco "A" rated

baxi duo tec 28 "A"rated I have been informed it is the same as a baxi platinum and the potterton gold

your input would be appreciated

should i go for the...

baxi main 24 "B" rated

baxi main 25 eco "A" rated

baxi duo tec 28 "A"rated I have been informed it is the same as a baxi platinum and the potterton gold

your input would be appreciated

You can narrow it down to 2 , any B rated boiler is now , illegal to install due to building reg changes , unless you signed or verbally agreed to have it fitted prior to oct 1st ?? Must admit am the last person to ask about what boiler to install , (I can tell you what not to install ??)
Due to the amount of c**p , or what turned out to be C**p , we have installed !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back