Which Boiler to choose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I'm looking to upgrade my old appollo 15/30b boiler to a new one. I have 2 quotes so far but i am unsure about them.

I have a 3 bed semi detached house, with 9 radiatiors.

one quote for £2136 is for a vaillant ecotec pro condensing combi boiler (will this be sufficent for my property, does not state if its a 24 or a 28) also is this a reasonable price condisdering relocation of boiler, 8 thermostatic valves, boiler and all works req.)

and another quote for £2740 for same works but this is with a Baxi Duo-tech HE33 condensing Boiler.

The second one seams to be the more powerful but would the first be sufficent for central heating and deliver a good hot water supply?

Sponsored Links
Well, phone up the first lot and ask what the quote is for??

You need at least 28kw and I would always go for a vaillant over a baxi any day of the week!!!

around the £2500 is fair, second lot might be a bit expensive OR first lot is for the 24kw boiler.

DO NOT go for an ecotec pro.

These are the only Vaillants I refuse to fit.

For an extra £60 ish go for the Ecotec plus 831. A lot better combi and with a 2 year warranty.

DO NOT go for an ecotec pro.

These are the only Vaillants I refuse to fit.

For an extra £60 ish go for the Ecotec plus 831. A lot better combi and with a 2 year warranty.
Tell me more gas4you may have to fit one of these monday?????

Sponsored Links
Ecotec pro is a very basic entry level combi that is purely designed and originally marketed at the new build market to try to get Vaillant a foot hold in new build.

It is a cut down version of the ecotec plus and as said for the minimal extra cost of the plus you (your customer) gets the added benefit of a 2 year full manufacturers warranty.

The 831 plus will also deliver slightly better HW performance.

ok i have chose a plumber but hes offered me a choice of boiler

Baxi eco-tec pro 28 or potterton promac 28.

I thought these were both the same but looking at which the potterton got a lower mark.

Which do you think is best or are they both the same?

firstly like others have stated the vaillant is a far better boiler and even if you upgraded to the ecotec plus (which i fit a lot of and they are top notch) it would still be the cheaper quote. Im not stating that 1 installer is better than another but i have lost a few jobs recently because apparently my price was too low!!! I have had other local lads have the same problem and they are all good installers. Never know what to price anymore, weird world we live in

For the Vaillant ecotec pro its 2130, to upgrade to the plus would cost even more, tho i havent asked how much.

Where as this quote for the baxi or potterton is coming in at 1900 and has the bonus that it can be done next week and i know someone that the plumber has done work for before so has a recomendation.

For the Vaillant ecotec pro its 2130, to upgrade to the plus would cost even more, tho i havent asked how much.

Where as this quote for the baxi or potterton is coming in at 1900 and has the bonus that it can be done next week and i know someone that the plumber has done work for before so has a recomendation.

Someone who has a good reputation will be booked up further into the future.

Why do you think that its going to benefit you having a boiler fitted two weeks earlier when you hope to have it for at least 10 years ?

The care and quality of the work and the after sales support are far more important that when its to be fitted.

I see so many people ripped off because they choose someone who can do the work tomorrow!

Now why do you think that they can do it tomorrow?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back