which bosch for drilling

Sponsored Links
sorry should actually be the 18v bosch drill, will that still do the job or would the 650w one outperform it?

mains will win every time, but the lead will get in the way, should be rcd protected if outside, battery one doesnt have these problems

Sponsored Links
so the 18v bosch is capable of doing the drilling into brick and massonary? or should i go for the corded? thing is i can get the battery one at £50 but have normal battery drill at moment, not the hammer action one so wanted to know whther an 18v hammer action would would be better than the corded one for the money

A good 18v with hammer will tend to all the applications you decribe, unlikely you'll be drilling holes larger than 6-8mm putting up shelves and whatnot.

If you need to drill larger holes, start out small and work your way up to the larger bit.

the drill you show only has one battery and doesn't show the ah[amp hour]or indeed the rate of charge so the overall value cant be determined

have you considerd ryobi as a diyer its right up your street

you can get 2 tools 2 good capacity batterys [1.7ah]and a 1hr charger and you often get a handy kit bag

you also have the choice of around 20 tools you can add to the kit without having to buy the batteries

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...h=ryobi+18v&action=movePage&fh_start_index=20

you can often get hammerdrill and one of the following for a ton
jigsaw circular saw driver angledriver

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;j...h=ryobi+18v&action=movePage&fh_start_index=20

It's the drill bits that really matter. Something like Irwin Cordless or those blue Bosch ones. It doesn't really matter what makes the bits go round - just how well the bits cut.

what the ryobi one stuff like? seen they do jigsaws and stuff on the 18v batteries, never tried a cordless jigsaw, any one got opinions on them?

big-all said:
if you put "ryobi 18v" ito the search feature for the forum you will find many coments ;)

Light to medium trade :cool:

(what's medium trade?)

Deluks said:
big-all said:
if you put "ryobi 18v" ito the search feature for the forum you will find many coments ;)

Light to medium trade :cool:

(what's medium trade?)

light to medium =not a continuous day in day out thrashing but occasionaly is fine
my definition of course :D ;)

I've had a Ryobi for over two years and thrashed the heck out of it!

Still going strong.

Thermo said:
big all are you on comission from ryobi????? :LOL:

i origionaly bought ryobi as my back up gear to my dewalt 18v or my bosch24v almost as sacraficial tools but was so impressed that i could happily buy a cordless nailer an impact driver a recip saw and try them at an average of £50 each and only buy dewalt if it was within £20 of the ryobi which the the dewalt recip angle grinder and angle drill where

that still left me with several drills an impact driver recip saw circ saws jig saws chop saw fan nail gun planer torches ect all 18v :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back