WHICH BRAND OF PAINT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have been decorating for myself and some of the family for over 40yrs even done a couple of paid jobs.

I have always used some kind of Trade paint Johnstones Dulux etc but the chap I used to buy from is no longer in buisness and trying to get good paint at a reasonable price is difficult if not impossible, as I do not use enough to allow me to get trade prices at a Decorator Centre.

A local place has starterd selling Gliddens trade emulsions for about £2 a litre for white and magnolia, is it any good ?/ is it comparable to Dulux TRADE white emulsion.
They also do Dulux TRADE white undercoat and Dulux TRADE Brilliant white High Gloss does anyone know if the gloss is known to yellow (I mean in months rather than years) faster then it should. A bit of advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Sponsored Links
The Gliddens must be new old stock as the brand no longer exists, its now armstead which isn't a bad budget (ish) paint. I stopped using using gliddens years ago as felt the quality had dropped off.

All oil based paints yellow quicker than they used to, Dulux quick drying undercoat is excellent, haven't used the gloss yet. The OB gloss is a good finish but yellowing still remains problematic.

Gliddens IS Dulux made for the American market, its practically the same stuff rebadged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back