which condensing boiler

mpj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to replace my Vokera combi with a new condensing boiler. All suggestions point to a Worcester Bosch but they require a 22mm gas feed from the meter which is unfortunatly a long way from the boiler and under the floor. So I am looking to find a boiler with a half inch gas feed as with the Vokera. I have 9 radiators and 1 bathroom to supply.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you are using a system boiler then the feed is possibly (!) enough, if it is a combi then your feed will be undersized. This is in no way desirable.

Quite - if it's a "longway" and you want a combi , especially 28 kW or more, you'll need 28mm.
It's often more of an undertaking replacing the pipe than the boiler!

Sponsored Links
Even though a boiler of any description has a 15mm gas connection, it's odds on it aint going to get enough gas if it's a long pipe run from the meter, if it's a combi there is even less chance of it getting enough gas when calling for DHW, I wouldn't fit a combi of any description with 15mm pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back