which is best,10.8kw electric or thermostatic power shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
which is best,10.8kw electric or thermostatic power shower?
i had a power shower in before,and the switch for it is still in the airing cuboard and wire going to a transformer.So which is best for wiring,and power? would i need to rewire it for an electric shower of 10.8 kw as the cable in there is like a normal sized electric cable?
cheers
ben

Sponsored Links
No comparison PS is much better however you need to do a load of work on the plumbing system to have one whereas with an electric shower the plumbing work is minimal but the electrics can be major.

A 10.8KW electric shower will,depending on the cable run,probably require 10MM cable and a 45amp fuse at the main board.

Spark I use looks for about £250 for this sort of job from me but a punter would be looking at nearer £350.Plumbing would be no more than £100 providing there was a mains supply close by.

Cost of shower would be over and above these prices BTW.

To answer your question re the current electrics,they are no use for an electric shower of any description.

HI

you need to get electrician to workout the right size cable ,however
10mm cable should be adequate for upto 10.8kw shower.
electric showers cannot give water pressure/flow as a power shower does
but is a good backup if the boiler is a combi and it breaksdown.

cheers guys,it has electrics in already in the loft and airing cuboard for a power shower already,so will go for this option seeing as i need to rewire for an electric shower.which is the most powerful model? been looking at
Aqualisa Aquastream,and Mira Event XS
any ideas?
ben

Sponsored Links
Mira event has an inbuilt pump don't know about the Aqualisa however best thing is to decide what you want and get a plumber in to have a look before you buy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back