which light for common parts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just want to see what other peoples views are.

I have a job where the client wants the common area lights on 24 hours. I suggested to put them on push timers or time clock but they specifically want them on 24/7. So because of this lights don't like to last as long and may cause problems in time to come when they start burning out.
Does anyone know of any that would be best suited to run 24 hours a day? I was thinking of a 2D fitting but not sure on make. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Yep 2D or PL fittings sound favorite

Could you not talk the landlord into atleast fitting a photocell so the lights are not pointlessly costing him money to run when there is natural light available?

The photocell would pay for its self within weeks, then it is savings all the way for him.

Yes its worth a mention about the photocell. Whats the rules on emergency lights. Its for the common area of a privately owned block of flats (about 8 flats) i'm sure i'm right in saying that they should have em lights, but is it regs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back