which of these SDS drills?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
further to my earlier post last week i would like to ask on any recommendations between the following drills (or any other ideas welcome)? I am looking for a new drill due to my earlier problem of using only a basic drill to drill in wall (1930s house). so thought that i might as well get a SDS drill rather than a hammer drill. to be honest only an occassional user but thought if i buy good once, it will hopefully last me for long.

http://www.angliatoolcentre.co.uk/bosch-gbh2-26dre-2kg-sds-drill-pid478.html#review_section

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-2kg...w&cm_mmc=AffiliateWindow-_-DeepLink-_-Na-_-Na

Sponsored Links
Dunno. Been wondering that myself. Don't know why they make two drills so similar unless one will supersede the other.

re differences between two:

one difference is weight. GBH 2-26DRE has weight of 2.7 kg while GBH2000 (which i cant find on bosch website) has 2.3kG. 2-26DRE is more powerful than GBH2000 (800W vs 620W).

one more question- any one of these has easier chuck compared to other?

The GBH2000 appears to only be available via Screwfix. It is not listed on the Bosch site, I can find no spare parts, or anything else.

While it may be a genuine Bosch, does it not strike anybody as odd that they would produce a model specifically for Screwfix?

Get the 2-26.

Sponsored Links
I've known machine mart to stock a particular dewalt drill for over a year before it was available elsewhere

Bosch are a little more serious than Dewalt. You'll note they don't have '20V' batteries.

Whether it's a genuine Bosch or not, you cannot get spare parts at this time.

I've known machine mart to stock a particular dewalt drill for over a year before it was available elsewhere

Bosch are a little more serious than Dewalt. You'll note they don't have '20V' batteries.

Whether it's a genuine Bosch or not, you cannot get spare parts at this time.

Confused!!! :confused:

Dewalt have started selling '20V' drills. Divide by 1.2, 3.2, 3.6, or 3.7. Doesn't quite work out, now does it?

You could try 1.5, 1.7, 2.1, 2.3, 2.58 (not that they're using molten salts..), 2.7, or 3.25 too, if you like. Dividing by 2 works, obviously, but they're definitely not using Li-S batteries!

you must be able to get spares for it if its being sold as you get 1yrs warranty with it anyway.
i personally would go for the 800watt version.

im a bosch tart anyway think there the dogs when it comes to most things.

you must be able to get spares for it if its being sold as you get 1yrs warranty with it anyway.

It should be a three year warranty, if it's actually a proper Bosch. Feel free to show me the exploded view and parts list..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back