Which Shower pump should I buy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am installing a new shower in our ensuite and I am looking to install a pump to increase the flow to the shower.

The new shower is a thermostatic shower and has an 8" square head which is attached to the wall by a 400mm horizontal bar.

We have a gravity fed system and the cold water tank is approx 1m above and 3 metres across from the shower head.

The shower details suggest it needs a minimum of 1 bar. The current flow to our existing shower is OK but I am not sure it will not be sufficient for the new shower.

Can anyone suggest the size of pump I will need ?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not a massive difference in price between 1 bar and 2 bar pumps, more of a difference in quality though

Depends on your budget, id fit a stuart turner first and then maybe a grundfos which seems a decent mid priced pump

You can get then for £100 from Screwfix etc, dunno how long they lastor what theyre like though

Avoid the cheapo ones from screwfix. I just fitted one for a landlord who was too tight to pay for a decent one. It pumps the water fine but is very noisy. I usually go for Techflow QT pumps and haven't had any problems with them. For a large showerhead I'd go for at least 2 bar.

Sponsored Links
For my two peneth; Stuart Turned Monsoon 2 bar; the standard (+ head) will be OK with the head you’ve got as long as you don’t start running up & over loops within 600mm of the bottom of the c/w tank. Make sure you use a decent h/w cylinder flange & get the pipe layout right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back