which tiles are these please??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I need to replace some tiles on my roof but I'm skint so gonna have a crack at it myself,
having trouble sourcing any tiles though, it's an 1940's ex-council house - any anybody tell me what they are please?

Also any suggestions advice for replacing would be appreciated.

Attachments

• tiles1.jpg
    tiles1.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 181
  • tiles2.jpg
    tiles2.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 176
Sponsored Links
They are your ubiquitous plain clay reds. Loads of suppliers.
Yours are suffering from de-lamination problems, typical of the Period i.e. early machine made plain clays.

You need a re-roof. Any repairs will be futile. Fu-tile......geddit! I'll get me coat.

Sponsored Links
great thanks for the advice, useless ****s
Charming.
You will spend an alarming amount of money replacing these tiles as they deteriorate. Yes, it is possible to patch up with ANY plain clays as all plains are about the same size. It may pay you to buy the odd tile 'n' half just in case the new replacements are a tad shy, so that you can cut yourself an oversize tile to fill the bigger gap.

Seriously, there are thousands of roofs just like yours that need replacing so it's a surprisingly common fault with early machine made tiles. Even the tiles that look healthy probably aren't, especially if you look at the back of the tile.

They may be useless ****s but they didn't buy a council house (y)

Andy Ryles everyone he talks to ..... I'll get me coat.

Every tile you try and replace will result in even more breakages above the repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back