Which underlay for laminate flooring in bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am planning to lay down laminate flooring (black slate tile effect from B&Q) in my separate toilet room.

What underlay should I be using for this? Foam, laminate underlay, fibreboard?

This is just for the toilet room, which is separate to the bathtub and shower and sink.

The room has wooden floorboards in there which are covered by a vinyl at the moment.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

If the floor is relatively flat then you will only need the basic polyfoam. (I would imagine that if you have a vinyl there at the moment then the floor is quite flat).

The fibreboards are used if you have an uneven surface.

As you are fitting the laminate in the little boys room and it is probably a smallish area, try using a shop that will sell you the underlay by the square metres as opposed to having to buy a full roll of underlay or a pack of fibrebords.

Foam is usually has 10-15 square metres in a roll and the fibre boards come in 9-10 square metres in each pack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back